CommittedA Desire to Equip the Saints for the Work of Ministry envisions a church culture where persons are able to talk comfortably about their faith, where they read and study the Bible regularly, pray individually and together, and know their gifts for ministry. Basic teaching for those new to the faith will need to be offered as well as a sequence of discipleship offerings designed to help persons develop a personal game plan for their spiritual journey. Systems will need to be created where people find their place within the body of the church. People will know their gifts for ministry and how to use them. SHAPE will be offered regularly in all sorts of venues, including Sunday School.
• Assist individuals in developing a plan to enrich his or her walk with Christ
through Bible study and prayer that lead to spiritual maturity and an outward focus.
• Mentor new believers by utilizing trained and equipped persons who will guide the new believer to a more mature faith in Jesus Christ.
• Assist our church community in discerning their gifts for ministry through SHAPE and encouraging them to become a more vital member of God’s Kingdom.
• Equip and encourage parents toward an active role in the spiritual development of their children and youth.
• Increase regular worship attendance to 1000 by 2015 by challenging our church community to attend regularly, by promoting our ministry through the website and social media and by creating a vibrant Community Group network that will feed into worship.