An Outward Focus envisions a church culture where persons and groups are stepping out of their comfort zones and taking a risk when it comes to reaching out. Such an outward focus will emphasize going and telling, instead of coming and seeing. All of this will involve teaching persons how to share their faith and equipping them to reach out. The focus of our various groups will expand from fellowship to ministry. We will do a better job of integrating evangelism into all the ministries of the church. We will become more mission-minded. The church will also become less internally focused. Re-tooling the website, reaching out to
our constituent ministries, surrounding neighborhoods, college campuses, community missions, and other institutions will be a good first start.
• Change Centenary’s culture so that evangelism is a natural function of all we do as we consistently demonstrate a desire to bring others to Christ.
• Offer churchwide training on how to share the gospel and one’s faith experience.
• Increase the participation of Centenary members who are involved in missions ministry to 30% of our average worship attendance. This will include new efforts to engage children and youth to serve in Lexington and beyond.
• Equip and encourage the church to reach out to I am 3rd families, particularly those who are unchurched.
• Expand Celebrate Recovery and ALPHA to encourage people in their relationships with Christ.